One of the most challenging parts of any fitness journey is balancing nutrition with exercise to achieve maximum results. Eat too many calories and your weight loss will plateau; eat too few and you could sabotage your gains. That’s where meal prepping comes in – it’s the ideal way to ensure you’re getting the right number of calories, hitting your macro targets, and supporting your fitness journey without breaking the bank on a personal chef or private nutritionist.
FOOD THAT WORKS FOR YOU
You’ve probably heard that meal prepping is time consuming and the meals are all boring or bland, but that doesn’t have to be true. The benefits of meal prepping far outweigh the time investment and you’ll find that you discover exciting new recipes to try. That said, not every kind of meal prepping will suit every person’s individual schedule or needs. Here are some meal prep tactics to try:
- Make-ahead Meals: Create full meals and store them in high-quality containers in your fridge or freezer.
- Batch Cooking: Make multiple meals, then portion them out and store them for later. This is especially great for soup and other recipes that you make in large amounts.
- Single Meals: Create several portions and store them in single-serving containers to get you through several days.
- Ingredient Prep: Chop your vegetables, mix your spices and create your sauces, dressings and marinades ahead of time to make cooking quicker.
THINGS ARE STEAMING UP
There’s no time like the present to get started meal prepping. Explore some of the options we’ve listed, or find your own balance that works for your lifestyle! Don’t forget, meal prepping is supposed to make your life easier, not harder, and you really only need a few things to get started:
- Accurate information about your caloric and nutritional needs. Check the FIT By Katy macro calculator to get a professional calculation.
- High-quality meal prep containers. We strongly recommend using glass instead of any kind of plastic.
- Delicious and healthful recipes that you’re excited to try. Meal prep won’t seem like a chore if you can’t wait to eat the food you make.
- Time dedicated just to meal prepping. Put it on your calendar like an appointment and don’t skip it – the hardest part of meal prepping is adding it to your schedule.
IF IT'S JUST NOT FOR YOU
If you’ve already tried meal prepping a couple of times and just can’t get into it, we’ve got your back. You can take the guesswork out of your nutrition, skip the meal planning and prepping, and still get exceptional results with a FIT By Katy 8-Week Challenge or Bite Meals.
The nutrition guide that comes with an FBK challenge will help you learn how to pair food with training, how to calculate and track your macros, what foods are best for reaching your goals, and what supplements can help you along the way.
Whether you’re prepping your own meals at home or letting Bite Meals do the cooking for you, FIT By Katy will equip you with the resources you need to be successful.
TRY FIT BY KATY FOR FREE
Not a member? Give it a try for free before you decide to commit. Join the #FBKFitFam today for a two week trial of our basic or premium subscription.