As someone who is always on the go, having healthy snacks on hand that are easy to make is key for me meeting my macros and staying on track. Coming up with a ton of new snack ideas all the time can feel overwhelming, so I have some favorites that I always come back to so that my meal prep and grocery shopping is a breeze each week! Check out my five favorite snacks below and if you make them, be sure to post them on your Instagram story or feed and tag me so I can see what you’ve made!
This one is great when you want a sweet snack in the morning, or you could even make this a fun dessert by using Alani Nu Confetti Cake as your protein of choice. The best part about this snack is that you can incorporate toppings that fit your personal tastes so you can really make this your own!
- Microwave 1 serving of oats and let cool for about 1-2 minutes
- Mix in 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder, any flavor you want can be used here!
- Top with anything you’d like! I love to use peanut butter and berries
TUNA SALAD RICE CAKES
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen me make this on my stories because it’s one of my favorites! This can be totally customized to fit your flavor palette by adding in different seasonings, but I’ve included the seasonings I like to use in the recipe below.
- Mix together tuna, 50-100g of plain Greek yogurt (depending how creamy you like it and how much flexibility you have with your macros)
- Add in seasonings. I love to use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and umami seasoning!
- Add in diced red onion and cilantro (optional)
- Take a plain rice cake (or 2) and spread avocado on, then sprinkle some Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Top the avocado you just spread on the rice cake with the tuna mixture
UNCOOKED APPLE PIE
Who doesn’t love apple pie? This healthier (and easier to make) version is one of my go-tos for a night time snack.
- Dice up an apple and put into a bowl
- Sprinkle oats in with the apple
- Drizzle peanut butter or PB2/PBfit on top of the oat & apple mixture
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
GREEK YOGURT PARFAIT
This is another great recipe if you have a sweet tooth! You can add in your fave toppings to make this perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even for dessert!
- Take 1 serving of plain Greek yogurt
- Add in a ½ scoop vanilla protein powder and stir together
- Top with berries, granola, peanut butter, chocolate chips, nuts, etc. Whatever your heart desires!
MEDITERRANEAN VEGGIE SALAD
This one is almost TOO easy but still so yummy. This salad is great for meal prep because it stays fresh in the fridge for a few days! If you want to make this a larger meal instead of a snack, all you need to do is add your favorite protein as an additional topping.
- Chop up cucumber, bell pepper, tomato, and red onion, and mix together
- Add lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic salt, and oregano
- Give it one last stir and it’s ready to go!