The FIT by Katy Graphic Designer works closely with the Sr. Brand Manager to execute visuals as they are directed by the leadership team to accomplish brand goals.
The Graphic Designer should be able to execute on direction given and develop concepts while being able to collaborate with other members of the multidisciplinary team in order to produce high quality brand materials. These designs include (but aren’t limited to) custom icons, illustrations, web graphics, ads, social media content, and logos. This role will shape the visual aspects of the FIT by Katy brand: websites, product, packaging, email, social, and more.
- Design communications materials that best reflect the brand and meets goals set my leadership and management.
- Create these materials through use of programs like Adobe's Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, as well as programs such as Sketch.
- Understand the FIT by Katy brand and be able to apply the brand guidelines across a wide range of areas where appropriate.
- Ability to listen to direction, understand objectives/strategy, and take that information to translate it into compelling creative.
- Create designs that reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications with available brand assets.
- Produce drafts for review by the leadership team and make revisions based on the feedback received.
- Review final productions for errors and ensure that final files reflect all provided specifications.
- 3+ years of design experience
- Strong portfolio of design work
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to confer advice and suggestions from internal and external stakeholders, and understand what’s being asked to create
- Time management skills are key; you'll often find that you're juggling several projects simultaneously
- Must be able to collaborate and get along with others on the team
- Conceptual and innovative thinker
- Must have a proficient understanding of typography and design principles.